How the Summer Barometer™ 2017 was conducted?
- The survey was conducted by Ferratum Group who surveyed its active customers in 16 countries across Europe and Commonwealth countries via a standardised web survey. Income is stated in local currency, and relative summer consuming is calculated by the ratio of a family’s monthly disposable income in each country. Disposable income was adjusted by each country, and individual purchasing power parity based on 2014 figures by The World Bank.
- Over 10,000 households participated in the survey. Respondents were aged between 18 and 65 and 55% of participants were women. The average available net income of participating households was between €643 – €4,287. The average household size among respondents was 2.6 people.
- In addition to demographic factors, respondents were asked about their disposable monthly net income, how much they spend on their summer holidays, what activities they spend their money on, if they will be using Airbnb for their accommodation, and if they will use online banking while traveling abroad.
- The survey utilised each country’s respective currency. Responses were evened out to reflect the respective purchasing power of each country. All survey respondents were anonymous.
FERRATUM GROUP – DIGITAL LENDER WITH A FINTECH VISION
Ferratum Oyj – listed in the Prime Standard of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange – offers a fast and easy to use mobile lending and banking services for consumers and businesses. Ferratum is a digital lender with a vision to create a digital financial ecosystem that transcends the hassle of traditional banking and financial transactions.
Managed by its founder Jorma Jokela, Ferratum has expanded rapidly since its foundation in 2005. With 1.6 million customers, Ferratum is one of the few truly international players of significant size in the fast-growing mobile consumer loan market. Currently, Ferratum is active in 18 European countries as well as in Canada, Mexico, Russia, Australia, New Zealand and Brazil and has its headquarters in Helsinki, Finland. By the end of 2016, Ferratum delivered record results and had grown in revenue for the eighth consecutive quarter. Revenues of EUR 154.1 million were up 38.8% year-on-year with a profit (EBIT) of EUR 21.1 m.
Contemporary banking is digital; tomorrow’s banking is mobile.
The Ferratum Mobile Bank, continues expension with 2 new countries, Spain and France, just launched this year. Ferratum Mobile Bank is a revolutionary new platform assembling customers’ full financial lives in one app. Users can access their current accounts, savings and debit cards in real-time in an easy, secure and mobile manner, regardless of the currency. Opening an account takes just a few minutes with our online application process – no paperwork required.
MOBILE BANKING SERVICES: FREE BASICS WITH ADDED VALUE
- Free current account, 100% mobile and easy to use;
- Optional overdraft facility for the current account;
- Term deposit for three, six or 12 months with competitive interest rates;
- Multi-currency debit card from MasterCard;
- Real-time transactions which enable quick and easy payments anywhere in the EU including Norway;
- Automated savings goals and boosters to maximize savings and spending potential;
- In future: Access to new lending and investment products like P2P lending and third party features.
FERRATUM – MORE THAN A BANK !
QUICK ACCESS TO FUNDS: THE FERRATUM LOAN PRODUCT RANGE
At Ferratum we don’t believe in banks. At least not in the traditional sense. We believe in financial technology that is mobile, user-friendly, international and highly secure.
The strategy is based on geographical expansion, further product diversification and the Mobile Bank. Ferratum offers fast, easy and hassle-free loans to consumers. The services can be accessed online and on mobile devices, and a loan decision is usually made within minutes. Customers can apply for credit amounts between EUR 50 and EUR 20.000. Ferratum also offers instalment loans to small businesses with a successful track record.
SME – Ferratum Business
Small business loans, currently available in five countries, are offered to established small businesses with a successful track record of at least two years. The loans range between EUR 2,000 and EUR 100,000 and are regularly used for working capital and bridge financing.
Linking mobile banking, retail credit and SME lending, Ferratum is ideally positioned to capture the great potential of the smart banking revolution as well as to tap into under-served credit markets.
Money fast and 100% online to everyone globally!
No matter how different the customers are, how different their needs and living conditions – they all can rely on Ferratum Group as a smart, fast and uncomplicated provider of financing.
Our customers are nearly equally divided between men and women. We have active users among all age demographics. Couples with children represent 42 % of Ferratum Customers while the share of singles is 35 %. Two thirds of Ferratum customers have full time employment.
Uniting our clients is usually the wish to get an easy, quick, anonymous and an unbureaucratic bridging loan.
Our mission is to provide the best consumer interface for lending and banking processes and 24/7 personal customer service accessible online through our website, mobile apps and those of our partners.
We are about more than money. To everyone.
More information regarding Ferratum Group, please visit www.ferratumgroup.com